Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cure {for} Chapped Lips

For the past month and a half, my lips have gone through hell and back. I had severe chapped lips. I couldn't smile, eat, or drink without being in pain. They were cracked, dry, flaky {and downright unattractive.}


I desperately tried everything{Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Nivea, honey, oils and even antibiotic cream from my doctor.}

After almost giving up hope and accepting my status as a bloody-lipped wretch, I made my way to Walgreen's. The pharmacist helped me find the answer to my prayers, which you will find below.

Step 1: Add a small amount of your daily facial cleanser and some warm water to the Facial Cleansing Sponge and gently buff away as much of dead skin as you can {don't hurt yourself!}

Step 2: Take a pea-sized amount of the Apricot Scrub and lightly scrub your lips until they are relatively smooth. Rinse with warm water.

Step 3: This is the most important step. Generously coat your lips {as well as the surrounding area} with the Eucerin Smoothing Repair Creme.

This stuff is thick, so you do not need a lot. It also leaves a white film on your lips, so I would recommend doing this before you go to bed and reapplying very small amounts during the day.

After one night of doing this my lips felt baby smooth. I hope this helps!

Walgreen's Facial Cleansing Sponges: $3.99
Walgreen's Apricot Scrub {Mini version}: $0.99
Eucerin Smoothing Repair Creme: $5.99

-Nuria

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just stumbled upon your wonderful blog! I hope you don't mind but I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award (I'm pretty new to blogging - and the subsequent awards that come with it!)

    Here's a link to my post about it! Keep up the great work! :)

    http://rrnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    P.S. I really loved your white eyeliner post - it's my secret weapon too but I always wondered if I was using it correctly! Mine doesn't seem as opaque as yours, I have to really layer it up on the waterline

    ReplyDelete